After finding those scratches on my arm, I didn’t sleep in my bedroom for two weeks. I would only go in there if I needed to grab a book or get dressed.

Whenever I would enter the room it felt somewhat darker in there. It was as if someone had placed a gray filter over the window and the sunlight was having a hard time shining through. The iciness of the closet had also leaked into the rest of the bedroom, causing the rest of the space to have a matching freezing temperature.

Eventually my parents grew very tired of me sleeping on the couch and they told me it was time to go back into my bedroom. I had never been more scared in my life.

ahhh, blonde, and bone image piano, abandoned, and old image

In preparation of my first night back in my bedroom I bought a beautiful cross from the store to be placed in my room. I even had the priest and deacon of my church bless it. I put a crucifix that my aunt and uncle bought my parents from Italy into my room as well. Just for good measure, I also made sure to put a Bible on the bed beside me.

california, church, and crucifix image book, vintage, and photo image

The first night back in my bedroom, I slept like a baby. If I’m being completely honest, the activity halted after I put the religious items in my room. It was quiet for months. The closet door didn’t open, the light didn’t turn on, the room was a normal temperature, and I hadn’t heard any growling since that night.

Then it happened. I woke up paralyzed on my bed: sleep paralysis.

I couldn’t move my body. It felt like I was being held there like a magnet to a refrigerator. My breath quickened, my heart was racing. The first thing I laid my eyes on was the open closet door and the light shining through. A deep, raspy voice was coming from the closet, speaking a language I can only describe as demonic tongues.

canon, creepy, and eerie image

I was so scared, so I started praying. At first it was only in my head, but suddenly my lips felt free of the magnetic force of the sleep paralysis. I started to pray out loud. Every word was giving me more strength, freeing me even more. I found the strength to sit up, and I started screaming my prayers as loud as I could.

Then I woke up. I was sitting straight up in my bed, breathing as heavy as if I’d ran a marathon.

I was staring straight into my open closet.


Sorry I wasn’t able to upload yesterday. College is just really exhausting right now.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed hearing about this experience. Stay tuned for the finale on Halloween!

-xx Lenny